Łaszczuk & Partners invite to a conference “New legal regulations and their impact on the direct selling sector: Legal and tax aspects” that will be held on 24 October 2014 in Warsaw, Zepter Business Center, ul. Domaniewska 37.
The conference is organized to explain to direct selling businesses the new Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014, which will enter into force on 25 December 2014.
The act imposes new obligations on businesses in their relations with consumers. Businesses will be required in particular to give consumers extensive information prior to concluding a sales contract. Businesses concluding sales contracts outside of their premises will be burdened with the most obligations.
The act extends the deadline for consumers to exercise their right to withdraw from a contract concluded outside of business premises. The rules for exercise of this right are also amended.
Apart from the amendments to the regulations regarding contracts concluded outside of business premises and distance selling, we will present the new regulations modifying the sellers’ liability for defects in the products they sell to consumers, as well as new warranty regulations.
Direct selling is inseparably related to personal data processing. The Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 imposes a number of obligations on businesses managing and using personal data, in particular registration of data filing systems, ensuring an appropriate safety level for the processed data, and informing data subjects of the manner and scope of processing. At the conference, we will discuss basic obligations related to personal data processing by direct selling businesses.
The final subject to be discussed will be the tax issues most often raised by direct selling businesses. We will present possible exemptions from the obligation to use electronic cash registers, examine the draft decree on electronic cash registers for the years 2015–2016, and briefly discuss changes in VAT in force since 1 January 2014 which may impact the direct selling sector.
The conference will be held in Polish, with translation into English available.
Participation in the conference is subject to charge:
- PSSB members: 100 PLN + VAT (123 PLN)
- others: 200 PLN + VAT (246 PLN)
To participate in the conference you need to submit filled in participation form and payment.
9.30 – 10:00 registration
10:00 opening remarks, Mirosław Luboń, General Director, PSSB
10:15 – 12.15 Legal panel:
1. new Consumer Rights Act, Michał Chodkowski, advocate, Monika Zuzaniuk, lawyer, Łaszczuk & Partners
- what will change since 25 December 2014
- new information obligations towards consumers
- right to withdraw from a contract – new rules
3. obligations regarding personal data protection in direct selling, Agnieszka Kocon, legal adviser, Łaszczuk & Partners
12:15 – 12:45 coffee break
12:45 – 14:00 Tax panel:
1. electronic cash registers: when they are necessary, possible exemptions from the obligation to use them, Aleksandra Faderewska-Waszkiewicz, tax advisor, advocate, Łaszczuk & Partners
2. changes in VAT in force since 1 January 2014 which may impact the direct selling sector, Aleksandra Faderewska-Waszkiewicz, tax advisor, advocate, Łaszczuk & Partners
14:00 – 15:00 lunch
If you have any questions please contact Agata Zielińska, tel: +48 22 351 00 67, email@example.com.